Medics Ambulance Service was started in 1982, with one ambulance and one man's vision to provide healthcare transportation to the residents of Broward County. During the first year of operations, Medics responded to over 500 calls.
- In 2001, Medics transported over 21,000 patients.
- In 2002, Medics expanded its operations to include Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties.
- In 2004, Medics implemented Zoll Data's Computer Aided Dispatch
- In 2006, Medics transported over 42,000 patients in the Tri County
- In 2006, Medics implemented a new Global Positioning System (GPS) based Automatic Vehicle Locator (AVL) system.
- January 1 2008: Medics takes over emergency zone 1B in Palm Beach County
- In 2008, Medics transported over 75,000 patients
- In 2009 Medics transported close to 90,000 patients
- In 2010, Medics transported over 90,000 patients
Today, Medics is one of two ambulance companies licensed to provide ambulance services to the residents of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties.